Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hot off "The Press"

So 2 days ago the backyard cat we named "Brown," had a small litter of 3 kittens. Old momma cat, after having 4 litters of kittens in what seems like maybe a year or two max, decided she didn't want to have anything to do with the kittens. Sadly, two of the three died and went to kitty heaven. *wipes tear* My sister and sister-in-law buried the tiny babies and started syringe feeding the remaining kitty. My sister has 4 cats and my sister-in-law has 3. Me = 0. Sooooo, since I'm home all day anyway I volunteered to *hopefully* nurse this little kitty back to health. Tiny bugger is only 4 inches and still has the umbilical cord attached. Here's a quick cell pick I just took:


I slept with her/him? last night to keep it warm and have continued syringe feeding about every 2 hours. It loses body heat quickly so, I have the little kitty wrapped in a washcloth and inside a shoebox next to my computer. The fan on my laptop blows warm air, so it's keeping her nice and warm while I work on designing new stuff. :-) Since I'm a new surrogate cat mommy, I'll be heading up to the pet store this afternoon to get the right milk and bottle for feeding and maybe some advice from the pros. Wish me luck and I'll update you on little kitty soon.

In design news, I've revamped a couple oldies but for the most part these are hot off the press... Check 'em out!





No comments:

Post a Comment